- The Clothing and Textile industry is the second largest polluter in the world
- 1 garbage truck of clothes is burned/landfilled every second - enough to fill 1.5 Empire State Buildings daily
- 20% of global waste water comes from Fashion industry
- Fashion industry contribute 10% of global greenhouse gas emissions
- Up to 95% of the textiles that are landfilled each year could be recycled
- 97% of fast fashion is produced overseas in developing countries with poor labor laws and human rights protections.
How we're tackling these issues:
We've partnered with a US based manufacturer that is industry leading in the use of organic and recycled materials. This manufacturer promises that all employees are operating in non "sweatshop" environment. By using domestic manufacturing, we are aiming to shorten our supply chain and guarantee a more ethical manufacturing process with fair labor. Our fabrics include GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) Certified Ring Spun Organic Cotton and RPET. RPET as a fabric is made from Recycled Plastic bottles. Once ready for shipping, our reusable poly-mailers are constructed using 100% recycled materials here in the USA. We are promising to do our part help the fashion industry reduce its footprint left on the Earth.